We're here to help coaches and players
We want coaches and ballplayers to
Maybe you don't need detailed directions around the site yet. Maybe you just need to know if this site can really help you coach or play better.
Here's what others say...
and here's a special tribute
take charge of their game & their season.
By getting the best advice.
The key word is "best". Understanding basic mechanics and being competent is not good enough. We want you to excel ...to be powerful, explosive, confident. That's what "take charge" means.
It will take time to work through all the lessons and tips we offer, but we hope the journey is worthwhile. And if you can't find what you're looking for quickly, please contact us so we can point you in the right direction.
Note: If you're not only new to WebBall, but a beginner coach, you might want to start with our Rookie Level pages. More experienced coaches and players will find the latest in advanced instruction throughout the site.
How to find your way around...
The top and left column will help you jump to key pages...
- The corner diamond (top left) will jump you to instructional areas for every playing position.
- On the top menu bar, the titles are links, and we include only a few choices under each, which will lead you deeper into a topic. (The word "COMMUNITY" is highlighted above because that's the section this page is under.)
- As you explore, the left menu will open up to show more linked pages within a section.
- The search box (left) provides more contextual help as you hunt for references.
- Product images on the right column will take you directly to those items, or click links on the "Product Guide" menu (top right).
- Check out the calendar (right side) for events in baseball training, tournaments and more. (Busiest months for clinics and tournaments are always June through August.)
Remember: If you can't find something within a couple of clicks, hit the "live chat" or "need help" box (left or top) and we'll try to steer you to the best information.
How the instruction is presented...
- Each instructional center starts with a Table of Contents page - a detailed listing of what's where. These pages are color-code so that pitching, training, fielding, hitting, etc. are in context.
- No section is restricted: coaches should look at player & training pages; we expect players to check out coaching & scouting pages.
- Pages that show this icon include both content for everyone and member-enhanced content for registered WebBall Team Players. (For details on the program, click here.)
- Pages with the icon have been added or modified within the last 2 weeks.
- Articles by some 50 guest authors (and pages which may be more opinion than fact), have a comment section at the bottom. Registered members can add comments, all can read them.
- Articles also include an author biography that will appear when you...
- Special interactive member pages like the Strategy & Coverage Clinics hide a wealth of extra information just a few clicks away.
- The core of our new instructional approach can be found in Lesson Series - there's a list on the home page.
Special notes about the Product Guide
- The WebBall product guide continues to follow our long-held policy: only products we recommend appear on our pages. In support of that you will notice small pop-up bars like this...
...throughout the Store. We call them "inukshuks" - a term used by the Inuit in northern Canada and Alaska for the stone markers that dot the landscape. Their inukshuks, like ours, are meant as signposts - to show that "someone has been this way before" - and in our case they report WebBall's hands-on experience with a product.
- We offer a Team Player discount. When you're logged in product pages will show the discounted price so you don't have to do the math.
- Shipping details are provided when available. Please note that we have no shares in UPS or FedEx and we don't run the Post Office, so delivery times assume regular service and no events beyond our control. You might also notice that we have structured special deals on some product lines that include automatic shipment savings on group items. For more on ordering details, click here.
Yes, there's more...
A personal comment from Richard Todd, Head Coach, WebBall
We'll leave you to discover other new features on WebBall.
For your FREE subscription to the WebBall Insider newsletter, click here now
- Look for Q&A features, a baseball glossary, Nose 2 Nose surveys, and newsletter archives to support the essential instruction.
- And look for more news announcements under Community as we continue to grow with your support.
- This website is for you. We hope you enjoy it.
WebBall began in earnest during 1996 to pursue a passion for the game and coaching. Growth forced its evolution into a business but it remains a labor of love. As we celebrated 10 years of domain-hood on Dec.11, 2007, we were in the midst of a major rebuilding effort. But even with that major overhaul, we're not done yet. The months of editing and programming efforts put into a complete revitalization of WebBall in 2006 and 2007 has continued every day since, with new ideas and new content, into 2013 and beyond. There's always another game to prepare for.
Not only has the evolution included new content sections, but also ventures into publishing and our baseball-only Team Site service - the best way to take charge of your team & your season. Of course, more In-Motion content and Lesson Series - available to Team Players - are a major part of current and continued growth.
No matter what further changes are planned, I remain committed to staying true to the WebBall mission statement: "helping coaches and athletes play better baseball". More and more that means not merely the technical skills, but also the attitude of participation and the desire to compete fairly. Not everyone will be a superstar in the game, but everyone can grow to be a great adult with a sense of teamwork.
As always, I welcome comments and feedback, and thank you for any and all the ways you reward our efforts with your financial support.
By the way, this page seldom gets updated. If you want to read my latest thinking about the game as we play it, please subscribe to the free WebBall Insider e-letter.
- Richard Todd, from WebBall HQ, March, 2011 (updated Fen. 2013)
Click highlighted days to view events. Click > to see next month.
Once you get to know us, we hope you'll show your support.
Your membership and the products you purchase from us represent our only source of funding, the only way we can continue to provide the best baseball tips on the web.